Hello Guest. Looking for usmilitarygamers.com?
Yes, this is the right place. If you are a former member please sign up as there has been a change in management.
Fixed Bayonets a non-competitive video game community consisting of active duty, reserve, guard and prior service individuals of the United States Armed Forces. Fixed Bayonets is an open community to adult individuals.
Normandy 1944 Map Update
When we started the DCS World War II series, we realized that one of the most important aspects of the series will be a great set of period maps to support the aircraft. Our first effort in this direction has been the Normandy 1944 map. Although originally scoped to just include the immediate area around the Normandy landing areas, the product has grown based on customer feedback and to create a great single player and multiplayer environment. This has taken the us in the following directions:
While not planned from the start, we have now added a portion of southern England, directly opposite of Normandy. This area includes the RAF airfields of Tangmere, Ford, Chailey, Funtington, and Needs Oar Point. While not at the detail level of Normandy, we believe these airfields will add valuable gameplay options.
Another map task we are working on is the inclusion of Le Havre city and port and providing all the cities and towns many types of every-day objects to make the urban areas look lived-in. This includes cars, carts, bicycles, tractors, laundry lines, etc. Along the Normandy coast, our team is also creating the "Atlantic Wall" with coastal batteries and pill boxes.
The team is also working realistic road and rail traffic that includes the option for period trains and auto-generated road traffic. In addition to the map, a very important aspect to create an immersive experience is to have the option to populate it with period air, land, and sea units. Many such units are being created now, and one of these new units includes the AI B-17G bomber. We are happy to share the first images of the B-17G in the game. Inclusion of the B-17G will provide more interesting gameplay options for the P-51D and Fw 190 D-9.
The Normandy 1944 map is rapidly coming together and we hope to have it in your hands soon. To give you a preview and answer questions you might have about the map, we will be broadcasting a live stream video of the Normandy 1944 on 25 February. Please find the details here: Normandy Map 1944 Live Stream
Weekend Bundle Deals
Starting today at 1500 GMT and lasting until 27 February 2017 at 0900 GMT, we are offering these 40% off bundle deals!
- DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 + DCS: Combined Arms
- DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight + DCS: Combined Arms
- DCS: UH-1H Huey + DCS: Combined Arms
- DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map
- DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map
- DCS: UH-1H Huey + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map
The Eagle Dynamics Team
One Week Until AJS-37 Viggen Takeoff!
In one week, on 27 January 2017, we will launch the Early Access of DCS: AJS-37 Viggen by Leatherneck Simulations! Leatherneck has created this masterpiece for DCS World, and we believe it will wonderfully fill role as a strike and anti-ship platform. Over the past couple of weeks, several preview videos of the Viggen have been released. Here are some of our favorites:
We have also included several new images of this lovely new module.
Pre-purchase the module now and save 20% before it's released for Early Access.
The AJS-37 Viggen is a Swedish double-delta supersonic attack aircraft from the late Cold War. It was the backbone of the Swedish Air Force during the Cold war, serving as the main attack and anti-ship platform. The AJS is the 90's upgrade of this 70's era aircraft, adding several advanced weapons and systems functionalities. The aircraft was designed around the pilot, with an excellent man-machine interface, supporting the pilot through the smart use of autopilot systems, radar and HUD symbology in order to deliver the ordnance onto targets from treetop level with high speed attack runs.
The aircraft is armed with multiple weapon systems ranging from programmable stand-off weapons such as the RB-15F anti-ship missile to the BK90 Cluster munitions dispenser to various bombs, rockets and missiles for a wide range of target types. The aircraft can also carry gun pods and the Sidewinder series of infrared-guided missiles for air defense and self-protection purposes.
Nevada Map Weekend Bundle Deal Continues
Lasting until 30 January 2017 at 0900 GMT, we will be offering 40% on the following bundles that include the DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map!
- DCS: A-10C Warthog + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map
- DCS: A-10C Warthog + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map + A-10C: 16-2 Red Flag Campaign
- DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map
- DCS: Combined Arms + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map
- DCS: F-5E Tiger II + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map
- DCS: F-5E Tiger II + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map + F-5E BFM Campaign
- F-15C and Su-27 for DCS World + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map
- F-15C and Su-27 for DCS World + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map + F-15C 16-2 Red Flag Campaign
- DCS: F-86F Sabre + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map
- DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map
- DCS: Black Shark 2 + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map
- DCS: L-39 Albatros + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map
- DCS Mi-8MTV2 + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map
- DCS MiG-15bis + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map
- F-15C 16-2 Red Flag Campaign + A-10C 16-2 Red Flag Campaign + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map
- DCS P-51D Mustang + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map
- DCS: UH-1H Huey + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map
This year's Virtual Festival of Aerobatic Teams, short VFAT, will be held on the weekend of November the 11th, 12th and 13th. Via our official Twitch livestream channel you can watch live and follow through the Twitch.tv chat. This event will feature up to 35 virtual air demo teams that perform demonstrations either as solo or as a formation flying team with up to 10 jets joined into one formation. You can either watch from your PC, laptop, tablet or your phone. Join us to experience one of the biggest virtual airshow events throughout the year and take a look what individuals and teams can do handeling their jets through agressive, dangerous and spectacular areal maneuvers.
Are you interested joining this event as a performer? Then register!
All information and details you may need can be extracted from the official Preliminary Registration Thread:
To stay up-to-date when new information and details are released via our official Facebook page:
Our official Twitch.tv channel: